FireAngel Pro Connected Smart Kitchen Heat Alarm, Battery Powered with Wireless Interlink and 10 Year Life, FP1720W2-R: securitydiscounts.com: DIY & Tools
RRP PRICE: £49.99
SALE PRICE: £45.03
YOU SAVE: £4.96
SALE PRICE: £45.03
YOU SAVE: £4.96
About this item
- FireAngel developed their thermistek heat alarm to provide a quick alert to rapid rises in temperatures, making them elegant for kitchens, garages and lofts as they don’t react to cooking fumes or dust
- Use independently as a single unit or wirelessly link with up to 50 FireAngel pro connected smoke alarms, kitchen heat alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and accessories including gateway and FireAngel connected app
- The device comes with a sealed Panasonic battery which has been rigorously tested to ensure endurance. This means that under normal circumstances you can expect the alarm to be functional for 10 years without ever having to find replacement batteries
- Multiple connected products will alarm simultaneous meaning alerts to fires in secluded areas will be heard across all products instantly
- This alarm is elegant for humid, dusty and areas with high fumes where a standard smoke alarm would false alarm but for complete protection of the home install both smoke and heat alarms
- Install this alarm alongside the FireAngel pro connected gateway to enable instant updates to your smart phone or email
- Comes with a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty, giving peace of mind
Product descriptionConfiguration:Individual Products | Style Name:Battery Heat Alarm
The FireAngel pro connected range has been designed in-house at FireAngel midlands based development centre and has been rigorously tested to ensure unrivalled quality and longevity. Each product is packed full of enhanced technology, with a sleek and polished design to fit seamlessly into your home.
What alarm network do I need to protect my family and home.
FireAngel have multiple product and installation options to suit all requirements. First, decide whether you require mains powered or battery powered units (or a combination of both), then consider the below:
- Standalone: Choose a single FireAngel pro connected alarm for independent zone protection.
- Interlinked: Wirelessly link multiple FireAngel pro connected alarms for high protection and an instant alert to danger across the whole home. The alarms communicate via a distinct radio frequency and can be interlinked via a simple two-step process; they are completely secure and do not require your home’s internet connection to operate (mains alarms can also be interlinked using a hardwired process as detailed in the product manual)
- Interlinked alarms with gateway and app: Adding a FireAngel gateway and the free FireAngel app (iOS or android compatible) into the alarm network allows you to test your alarms from your mobile, tablet or laptop. You can receive instant notifications of danger and review any operational issues with your alarm units. The gateway is the bridge between your alarms and the app and relies on your home’s internet connection to operate; but should your internet connection fail your alarms will still communicate within the home, offering the same complete protection but without push notifications to your device.
How many alarms do I need to protect my family and home.
In order to identify how many alarms to install you need to research the guidelines for fire detection that apply in your local area, using regulations such as building regulations or the guidance in BS5839-6 and consider your property type; whether that be private owned, rented, build, renovated etc. The advice below is purely provided for ideal practice and should not be used independently.
Smoke alarms: To offer high protection FireAngel advise a smoke alarm within the circulation area of each floor of the property, as well as within the main habitable areas such as bedrooms and living room. It’s important to remember that the sensors in all smoke alarms deteriorate after time, at FireAngel we recommend that smoke alarms are replaced every 10 years.
Heat alarms (kitchen alarms): Heat alarms are the only alarm suitable for use within the kitchen as they’re not affected by cooking fumes like traditional smoke alarms. Over 60 Percent of fires start in the kitchen, with cooking and faulty white goods (fridges and tumble driers) being the main causes. FireAngel recommend a heat alarm is fitted in the kitchen, but you can also fit additional heat alarms in the garage and loft to protect these areas.
Carbon monoxide (CO) alarms: A carbon monoxide detector is the only way to be alerted to a carbon monoxide leak; it can’t be smelt, tasted or seen so it’s impossible for human senses to detect. Known as the silent killer, carbon monoxide (CO) occurs when fuels burn incompletely, with common sources being boilers, gas fires and hobs and solid fuel burners. However, carbon monoxide can also pass through walls, so you would also be at risk if a neighbouring property had a leak. FireAngel recommend a CO alarm is installed between 1 m and 3 m away from each fuel-burning appliance, as well as installing additional units in areas such as living rooms and bedrooms where you spend most time whilst at home.
All FireAngel alarms are independently tested to EN14604:2005+AC2008 (smoke alarms), EN50291-1:2010+A1:2012 and EN50291-2:2010 (CO alarms) and BS5446-2:2003 (heat alarms). Independent third party certification comes from companies including British standards institution (BSI kitemark) and LPCB.
|Dimensions:||13.2 x 13.2 x 5.08 cm; 201 Grams|
From the manufacturer
FIREANGEL THERMISTEK ENHANCED-SENSOR TECHNOLOGY
Given that over 50% of domestic fires start in the kitchen, it's paramount that you protect this area with a heat alarm, and that the alarm has the latest cutting-edge technology to quickly detect the presence of fire.
With this in mind, FireAngel developed their Thermistek heat alarm which combines a patented radiant heat dish, high performance Class A1 thermistor and a predictive monitor algorithm in order to provide a quicker response to danger.
When compared to traditional heat alarms Thermistek technology reduces the reaction window by half – meaning you and your family have vital extra time to react.
STYLISH, MODERN DESIGNS THAT ARE PERFECT FOR ANY HOME
The FireAngel Pro Connected heat alarm has been designed specifically for UK homes and comes with a mounting base that covers the majority of fixing holes on the market, making it perfect for replacing existing alarms without re-decorating.
It's sleek, modern design and slim profile means it will fit seamlessly and discreetly into your home, offering complete protection without compromising on style.
SEALED FOR LIFE BATTERY – NO NEED TO REPLACE
There's nothing more annoying than having to replace batteries in a ceiling mounted alarm – especially when the battery it's the middle of the night! To remove this pain we've built our Panasonic Lithium batteries in to the product and tested them rigorously to ensure endurance. This means that under normal circumstances you can expect the alarm to be functional for 10 years.
Once the alarm is coming to the end of it's life it will provide an audible chirp to tell you it needs your action in order to protect your home. This feature can be silenced for 8 hours (use up to 10 times) using the Sleep Easy function, but should the alarm sense fire it will still alarm fully.
LARGE CENTRAL BUTTON FOR EASY TESTING AND SILENCING
The test button on the FireAngel Pro Connected heat alarm has been designed to be easily located and pressed from the floor below – even if this is with a sweeping brush!
When wirelessly interconnected you're able to press the test button on the most accessible alarm to test all alarms in the system but if you have a Gateway (FP1000W2-R) installed you can test through the free FireAngel Connected App – or Just Ask Alexa to test the network from the comfort of your sofa.
If the alarm is in low battery/end of life mode you can also use this button to activate our Sleep Easy function which silences the chirping for 8 hours, giving you a peaceful night's sleep.
Fit & Forget
Monitor & manage on the go with the FireAngel Pro Connected smart safety range
PEACE OF MIND FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES
Each alarm will meticulously check it’s operation & environment up to 8,600 times a day & is full of patented technology such as our Sleep Easy feature which allows you to silence low battery alerts for 8 hours, giving you a peaceful night’s sleep. Make life even easier & use the FireAngel Connected App to test & silence alarms without having to reach a ceiling mounted test button.
COMPLETE CONTROL FROM YOUR MOBILE
Add a FireAngel Gateway to benefit from instant alerts & alarm testing via the free FireAngel Connected App. With unlimited property allocations you can give the whole family access to alerts & set up alerts for your parents’ home too. An internet connection is required for the push notifications, but if this is reduced all alarms will remain active within the home, giving you complete protection.
SIMPLE INSTALLATION & OPERATION
We’ve included clear manuals with each product, videos to support interlinking your alarms and, if you download the FireAngel Connected App, you’ll also have access to a wealth of support. Once wirelessly interlinked you can mount alarms easily and neatly with base plates that will replace many alarms on the UK market, covering any existing screw holes and removing the need to redecorate.
WHEN ONE ALARM SOUNDS THEY ALL SOUND
The alarms will perform flawlessly as standalone products but when wirelessly interconnected they'll raise the alarm in unison. This means if a fire starts in a remote area such as the garage, you’ll be alerted instantly across the home. Our Smart Silence feature then allows you to silence all alarms except the initial unit reacting to danger, so you can act quickly.
|Single, Standalone Device||Multiple Networked Devices (2+ Alarms Wirelessly Interlinked)||Pro Connected Smart System (Alarm Network + Gateway Installed)|
|Is there a loud, clear alert to danger?||Yes||Yes||Yes – as well as the alarms sounding in the home you will also receive a notification to all subscribed devices|
|Can I test my alarm network easily?||Yes – press the large test button on the alarm||Yes – press one test button to test all devices in the network||Yes – use the app or Just Ask Alexa to test your safety network|
|Is there an end of life alert?||Yes||Yes||Yes – via alarm and app|
|Will I be protected during a powercut?||Yes – all mains powered alarms installed will revert to the back-up battery during a power cut||Yes – all mains powered alarms installed will revert to the back-up battery during a power cut||Yes – all mains powered alarms installed will revert to the back-up battery during a power cut. You will not receive notifications to your phone – but all alarms will sound in the home|
|When one alarm detects danger will all alarms sound?||No||Yes||Yes – you'll also receive a notification to all subscribed devices|
|Option of mixing mains and battery powered devices?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Notifications to your mobile or smart device?||No||No||Yes|
|Just Ask Alexa enabled?||No||No||Yes|
|Protection if internet connection drops out?||Not reliant on an internet connection||Not reliant on an internet connection||Devices will still alarm within the home but you will not receive a notification|
|Advanced troubleshooting?||No||No||Yes – the app will detail any issues, as well as location, so you can correct|